Blue chip supplements:
- Pine pollen
These are included in various combinations here
Other approved supplements:
- Goji Berry
- Blue lotus
- Deer antler tonic
- Bacopa monnieri
- Betel leaf
- Rhodiola rosea — Powdered root
- White goose berries
- Alpha GPC
- Gingko biloba
- NALT (tyrosine)
- Yerba mate
- Monosodium Glutamate: Unfairly maligned?
Chinese Herb Mixture
The following herb mixture is used in this [Ginseng Chicken Tonic Soup (Chinese Style)|this ginseng chicken tonic soup recipe:]
- Huang Jing (Siberian Solomon’s Seal)
- Cosmic Qi, Yang power, tonifies all Three Treasures. Makes the body light and clears the eyes.
- Goji Berry (Fructus Lycii)
- Vision, liver and kidneys, neuroprotective
- Dang Shen (Codonopsis pilosula)
- Enhance Qi and improve digestion, nourish blood, tonify lungs, boost vitality.
- Chinese Yam
- Ginseng Root
- Manifold benefits
- Astralagus (Huang Qi)
- Lions mane
- Psilocybe subaeruginosa
- Psilocybe cubensis
Growing and curing
- Nicotiana tabacum: Common tobacco— usually illegal without license, or requires payment of a tax. Flowers are white with a pink tinge.
- Nicotiana alata: Named varieties of this and other species including N. x sanderae are frequently grown in gardens. The variety ‘Lime Green’ has lime green flowers. Others range through colours of green, crimson, purple, salmon and white.
- Nicotiana sylvestris: Scented, pendulous snow white flowers hang from a tall, imposing plant.
Notes on optimisation
Dried ginseng root can be found at asian grocers, or order in bulk online. While there are many supplements for ginseng, it’s easier to determine the content by simply buying the root. Dried ginseng root is hard and snaps like a twig, so when blended it pulverises well. This powder can go straight into tea or smoothies. I use this powder in the below-mentioned morning drink with ginger.
There are only a few convenient ways to regularly supplement garlic— since it’s bothersome to peel and doesn’t freeze well, bulk packs of fresh peeled garlic that can be found at asian grocers aren’t very useful. For this reason, Garlic is a perfect food for which to schedule deliveries, or to grow yourself.
To optimise peeling, pick fat bulbs with dry skin. Pickled garlic lasts a long time and is a good secondary or backup garlic source. Full fresh cloves can be chewed with a mouthful of milk to alleviate garlic breath and avoid getting spiced out, as well as neutralizing acidity in the stomach.
Black garlic is aged, potentiated garlic. Garlic is slowly cooked for between 10-40 days, resulting in a soft, mild garlic that can be spread on bread, eaten unaccompanied or added to cooking. All benefits of fresh garlic are maintained.
- Wrap full heads of garlic in foil (can be wrapped individually or as a group, but wrapping must be tight)
- place in slow cooker, rice cooker, or crock pot on warm setting
- leave for 33 days
Though raw sliced root can be chewed, used in cooking, or brewed in tea, I find that real 100% ginger juice is readily available online, cost effective, bulk-friendly and convenient, and by my own account confers all benefits of ginger root.
Every morning I drink a glass of the below recipe, which I make in bulk every couple of weeks:
In tea, or mixed with honey.
Pine pollen is a natural multivitamin and phytoandrogen used in traditional chinese medicine and endorsed by broscience. If you have had success fermenting pine pollen, or know of studies addressing this, please alert me with results.
As nightcap, with water and lemon juice, or in tea.
In tea or smoothies.
The taste of liver is difficult to conceal without cooking, but the below method is helpful:
Eating at least 3 carrots a day confers shining golden skin, and more will do so faster.
You can put a bag of carrots in a slow cooker to soften them, and eat them over the course of the week. I generally avoid vegetables, but carrots are one of the few that I eat regularly. The others are potato, tomato, mushroom, peas, garlic and onion— It may be that the only possible benefit afforded by leafy vegetables is a hormetic tolerance to their poisonous constituents.
Glittering Dragon Regime for Shining Skin FAST:
- 2-3 weeks 1kg carrots per day
- On days where this is impractical, drink 750mL carrot juice
- Supplement with pumpkin soup for variety, which is just as good
- Taper down to 3-5 Carrots per day after 2-3 weeks (or never)
NB: Supplement carrots with bone broth/marrow, 500mL egg whites per day, and progressively lengthened sun exposure for even more beautiful skin. This is the ultimate skinmaxxing stack.
Buying Bulk, Local Arrangements and Regular Delivery
- Foods for delivery:
- Foods in bulk:
- Beef (‘Half beast’)
- Lamb (Whole lamb)
- Mineral Water
- Kimchi (bulk buy ingredients for batch ferment)
- Local Arrangements:
- Bones + Tendons (Often free)
- Whole rabbit
- Whole Duck/Chicken
- Berries — Often better quality frozen than ‘fresh’. Since berries spoil quickly and won’t grow everywhere, ugly chemicals are used to keep berries from rotting across long supply line journeys.
- Sun potion
- Cynomel-T3 and Cynoplus-T3 + T4
- Yoshimoto Atlantic Yield Optimization Corporation
- Bottomless Kefir System
- Batch-brew Kombucha Dispenser
- Uses for Eggshells
- Eternal Broth Setup
- Spice Cabinet
- Pirated Probiotics
- Homemade Seawater (Skincare)
- Purchasing in Bulk
- Growing Garlic